COURSE TITLE : Improving Management Skills & Techniques for New and
Management is a set of processes that keeps complex organizations and complicated systems of people, services and technology running smoothly.
Today the management principle that is most successful is putting people first. The new reporting relationships must be based on respect, team work, honesty and competence rather than on hierarchy. The idea of empowering employees, making them more powerful, more productive and more responsible is of utmost importance. By giving more responsibilities to lower-level employees, you can increase productivity and improve customer services by speeding the decision making process. An effective supervisor and manager must therefore be able to take decisive actions through good leadership, communication, planning, delegation, decision-making, motivation and thinking skills. You also have to think about and chart your own career growth.
If you are a supervisor or manager, this 2-day workshop is an exceptional professional developmental opportunity. It offers the skills, techniques, knowledge and expertise that you will need to make yourself and your organization a success. The topics outlined below will be covered partly by group discussions and interactive workshops in order to make the course more relevant and personal to the participants.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for leaders, managers, supervisors, prospective managers and other professionals who want greater skill in supervising and managing people more effectively.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Successful supervisors have to develop valuable skills and techniques to deal with people, to communicate, to set goals, to delegate, to motivate and to solve problems. With these skills and techniques in mind, this course has been specifically designed so that you will benefit as follows:
- Manage more effectively and with more confidence
- Bring out the best in others through effective communication and team-building
- Lead to your team to higher productivity and better results
- Accomplish more in the time you have
- Inspire and motivate those who work with you
- Solve problems and achieve win/win solutions
WHAT YOU WILL COVER - COURSE OUTLINE
- Establishing Yourself as an Effective Supervisor
- Understanding your duties, roles and mandate
- Taking charge and accepting the responsibilities
- Gaining acceptance, trust and respect
- The essential prerequisite of a successful supervisor
- Improving Results through Work Planning
- Deciding what has to be accomplished and how it will be done
- Setting and achieving objectives
- Developing work plans
- Managing Your Time Effectively
- Setting Priorities
- Avoid Timewasters
- Effective Paperwork
- Delegating Responsibilities to Others
- Benefits and obstacles of delegation
- Strategies for delegation
- Supervising, monitor progress and follow-through
- How to Communicate that People Really Understand
- Find the best way to communicate
- Barriers to effective communication
- Listening with understanding
- Knowing how to give feedback
- Leading a Team
- Understanding the various styles of leadership
- Qualities of a good leader
- Maximizing your leadership potential
- Building High Productivity Team
- Benefits of teamwork
- Motivating your team
- Getting your team to work together as a unit
- Effective Problem Solving
- Identifying Problems
- Techniques for problem solving
- Win/Win solutions
- Charting Your Career Growth
- Improve your prospects
- How to develop and use your networks
- Continuous learning and training
- Have a vision of your career growth and go for it.
Customized On-Site Training:
This program can be tailored to your specific needs and delivered at the location you choose to fit your organization's objectives.
You will receive a complimentary copy of PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST - A practical approach to management, by Kin Tue-Fee, your course leader.
Kin Tue-Fee is a training and development specialist with expertise gained from thirty years of personal and professional management and leadership. He is the author of a book entitled, Become your best, and has conducted numerous seminars and workshops on a wide variety of management and leadership topics. Besides being a professional engineer and a public service executive, he is a successful entrepreneur who manages his own business. He has published his second book in 2009, which will be on leadership and management skills to be entitled: Putting People First - A personal approach to management and leadership.
Course Leader Fee:
$2000.00 Canadian per day.
All expenses like traveling , accommodation and printing of course material are extra.